Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/vhosts/portridge.uk/peterrobinsonandco.com/wp-content/themes/vision_wp/template_inc/loop-index.php on line 207
Many people put off writing a will because it seems morbid but it is actually very important to protect and secure the future for your loved ones.
Here are ten reasons why making a will is important:-
- You decide who inherits from your estate and you can make special bequests to pass on family heirlooms or special items such as pieces of jewellery to family and friends
- You choose your own Executor to carry out your last wishes
- You can make donations in your will to your chosen charities
- If you have a young family under 18 years old, you can make provision for your children by appointing a guardian that you love and trust to care for your children
- If you have divorced and remarried a will ensures that your children from your first marriage can also receive a share of your estate
- If you are unmarried but have a civil partner, a will can make provision for them to receive a share of your estate.
- A will enables you to provide a Trust for more vulnerable beneficiaries to protect them in the future.
- A will can help to reduce the risk of family disputes about the inheritance of your estate
- A will can help to reduce stress at a very difficult time.Losing someone is incredibly hard, and the last thing any of us want to do is spend time haggling with lawyers and dealing with bureaucracy in a time of sadness.
- A will can help to reduce the inheritance tax bill paid on the estate
Make 2017 the year you write a will and put all your affairs in order. Once it is done you can forget about it knowing that your wishes will be carried out when the time comes.
When making a will you may wish to consider using Peter Robinson & Co. to ensure you provide for your family and loved ones. Our Wills and Probate Team headed by Tammy Barnes, (holder of the Terrance Willey Prize), will help you plan for your future and that of your dependants.
For further information and advice please contact Peter Robinson & Co. on 0161 678 7996
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/vhosts/portridge.uk/peterrobinsonandco.com/wp-content/themes/vision_wp/template_inc/loop-index.php on line 237