It is a well-established fact that moving home is one of the most stressful events in our lives. However it is possible to reduce some of that stress by choosing your conveyancing solicitor with care. They are going to handle all the legal aspects of the property transaction, so it is important to ensure you are receiving a service from a professional conveyancer to make the process as easy as possible making sure your move goes to plan and runs to schedule.
Instructing a solicitor is one of the first things you should do when moving house and you should consider the follow points when making that choice:
- When choosing a conveyancing solicitor, ask friends and family you trust for a recommendation.
- Your solicitor is there to help you so choose carefully and make sure you have a good rapport with this person and feel comfortable seeking their advice.
- Ensure the solicitors are accredited with the Conveyancing Quality Standard (CQS). This means they are experienced specialists in the field of residential conveyancing so that you can be sure that you are being looked after by experts.
- A specialist conveyancing solicitor is based in their office most of the time and will not be away from their desk for hours at a time in court. When you are buying a house you want to be able to speak to your solicitor regularly at times convenient to you, not always waiting for ‘call backs.
- Ask for a fixed price fee for your conveyancing so you can budget effectively. A reputable conveyancing solicitor should be happy to give you a breakdown of the cost involved with your move.
- Check that your conveyancing solicitor can offer you access to other quality professionals e.g. surveyors, who can provide expert advise if required during the house buying process.
Peter Robinson & Co. specialises in all aspects of conveyancing. We will carry out your purchase quickly and efficiently with friendly qualified staff on hand to advise you every step of the way, from instruction to completion. Contact us for a no obligation quotation today.
Call Peter Robinson & Co. now on 0161 678 7996.