Moving house can be very stressful but choosing the right solicitor to carry out all the conveyancing can help to ensure all the legal work is carried out smoothly and efficiently
Here are some top tips on how to choose the right solicitor for you.
- Personal recommendation is always a good starting point. Ask family, friends and colleagues who have recently bought or sold property if they were happy with their conveyancer and would they recommend their services.
- Alternatively use the Law Society’s ‘Find a Solicitor’ tool which has the details of more than 150,000 legal professionals and every solicitor on its books is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). The filters will allow you to find a solicitor that carries out conveyancing in your area.
- Or ask the agent selling the home if they could recommend a good solicitor, they will know which ones are good at getting things moving.
- Chose a local firm as this will enable you to have regular contact and you can hand deliver documents in the latter stages to keep the conveyancing process moving.
- Ask for an estimate of fixed costs and get a couple of quotes before you choose, but don’t be tempted to go for the cheapest just because it is cheap. Quality of service is more important.
- Ask to speak with the solicitor who will be dealing with your conveyancing to ensure all your dealing will be with that person and to establish a rapport with them. Also ask who would step in with your conveyancing if your solicitor was off work for any reason.
- Think about using a firm of solicitors that specialises in conveyancing. A general solicitor may be called to court handling other cases when you require their services ,while a specialist conveyancer will be more likely to be contactable at all times during office hours.
Peter Robinson & Co. is a firm of specialist Property Lawyers with over 30 years of experience. They have the knowledge and expertise required to make the conveyancing process as straight forward as possible and they we will support you from start to finish.
Let Peter Robinson & Co. advise you on all the services available in connection with Residential Conveyancing.
Call us now on 0161 678 7996