Decided to make a new start in a new home for 2015? It’s likely that you’ll spend the first few months of the year viewing a number of properties before you find the right one for you.
Buying a new house or business premises can be both an exciting and daunting project. This is ultimately your purchase and there are a number of things you should consider whilst viewing a property to ensure you don’t encounter any problems further down the line.
Here at Peter Robinson & Co. we think that buying a new property should be as simple and stress free as possible so we’ve written a quick checklist to help you out when viewing a property for the first time.
- Is the property freehold or leasehold?
- Is there a ‘chain’ of transactions involved in the exchange?
- Is it a listed building?
- How much is council tax?
- What fixtures and fittings are included in the sale price?
- Does the property need and structural/cosmetic work carrying out?
- Are the electrics/plumbing old or out-dated?
- What condition is the roof in?
- Is the garden shared or private?
- Is there any damp in the property?
- Are there any planned developments in the surrounding area?
- Are there any schools/supermarkets near by?
- What’s the crime rate in the area?
- Are there any on-going disputes with neighbours?
- Does the area get noisy?
Finding the right commercial property for your business can be tough, whether it’s land, business premises, an office, shop, or industrial unit.
If you are viewing a commercial property you may want to think about some additional information:
- Does the property have enough space for you to do your job effectively?
- Does the building meet fire and health and safety regulations?
- Where is the property? Will customer and staff be able to get to your business?
- Are there any competitors nearby?
With 30 years experience in the conveyancing business and with a dedicated team of friendly experts we will ensure your purchase is as straightforward as possible.
If you are looking to buy a commercial or residential property and need help or advice contact Peter Robinson & Co. Our specialist conveyancing team are waiting to help you every step of the way.