We have all heard that moving house is one of the most stressful life events we can experience and although Christmas is a wonderful happy family time, it too can be stressful. So combining the two events sounds like a recipe for disaster.
However many people do choose to move at this time of year. The key to a successful move and coping with Christmas is planning and preparation.
So here is our guide for anyone looking to move house before/around the festive period.
- Instruct your conveyancing lawyer early. Instructing a lawyer before accepting or making an offer is a great way to reduce conveyancing stress. People often don’t realise that the preliminary paperwork can be quite time consuming.
- Choose a solicitor who specialises in conveyancing. They will have conveyancing as their priority and will act at a faster pace if something requires urgent attention, as they do not attend court hearing like a general solicitor
- Contact your mortgage lender. Get your mortgage pre-approved so you know where you stand financially and can move on your preferred property as soon as possible.
- Check that your own funds are readily available. Contact your bank or building society in advance to arrange how to transfer large amounts of money efficiently
- Building Survey. Book in a building survey as quickly as possible. It is important to have a survey to flag up potential problems.
At Peter Robinson &Co we are specialist conveyancing solicitors with over 30 years of experience. For friendly and down to earth advice on moving at this time of year and any part of the conveyancing process, get in touch with a member of the Peter Robinson & Co. team today.
Call us now on 0161 678 7996.