The last thing people will be thinking about just before Christmas is buying or selling a house.
However, if you are planning to move in the New Year, it is the perfect time to instruct a conveyancing solicitor.
Here are some of the good reasons why you should start the ‘ball rolling’ now:
- At this time of year the property market is very quiet and property lawyers often have more time to prepare for the New Year rush.
- If you have already instructed a conveyancing solicitor it puts you ‘ahead of the game’ in the New Year when the market starts to boom again.
- If you are thinking of buying in the New Year, it will mark you out as a serious purchaser if you have already instructed a conveyancing solicitor.
- If you are thinking of selling in the New Year your conveyancing solicitor can make a start on the preliminary paperwork, which could help you to complete your sale more quickly.
For example your conveyancer can:
- confirm instructions to act on your behalf by letter
- set out the terms of business and fixed fee costs
- carry out proof of identity checks
- send out a fittings and contents and property information forms for you to complete
- obtain additional information, if the property is leasehold
- obtains title deeds from deeds holder or official copies of the title register and any other documents required from the land registry
- obtain details of the amount outstanding on any existing mortgage
Entrust the sale and/or purchase of your home to Peter Robinson & Co. We have a team of highly qualified property solicitors able to complete the preliminary paperwork and have everything ready for the New Year. Our job is to ensure all property transactions run smoothly.
To find out more about how we can help, call Peter Robinson & Co. now on 0161 678 7996.