Peter Robinson & Co (Property Lawyers) Ltd
• Who Are We
We are Peter Robinson & Co (Property Lawyers) Ltd (“Peter Robinson and Co (Property Lawyers) Ltd”, “we”, “us”, “our”) of 27 Queen Street, Oldham, OL1 1RD a registered Company in England and Wales registered under Company number . Peter Robinson & Co (property Lawyers) Ltd are regulated by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers.
We confirm that we are committed to protecting your Privacy and Personal Information and we are therefore serious regarding our commitment to complying with the GDPR along with the UK Data Protection Laws.
During our instructions for your transaction we will either be a data processor or a data controller. As a data controller this is where you have provided ourselves direct with your personal information whereas a data processor is when we have received your personal information from a third party such as an estate agent.
• Information We Hold
The personal information we hold about you to enable us to carry out the relevant identification checks and progress your transaction will be:-
• Your full name
• Your address
• Your telephone number (landline, work and mobiles)
• Your email addresses
• Your National Insurance Number
• Your date of birth
• Forms of identification (passport, driving license, utility bill)
• Your mortgage offer
• Official Copies of the Register for your property
• Redemption Statements for your mortgage lender
• Bank Statements for proof of funds.
We may also hold third party information for individuals connected to the transaction and you should obtain their authority to provide this. This may include individuals providing you with a gift for the deposit of a house. We will hold their information by way of connection to you, their full name and address, their identification and their bank statements.
Should we be acting on your behalf when you are a business we will require the additional personal information:-
• Company or Trading Name
• Company Address
• Telephone numbers
• Directors names and people with interest in the company
• UTRN Number
• VAT Registration number
• How We Use and Share Your Information
We only use your Personal Information to progress your transaction upon which we are instructed to act. This may be one of the following instances:-
• Sale of a property
• Purchase of a property
• Remortgage of a property
• Transfer of Equity of a property
• Registering your property at Land Registry
• Completing the necessary Land Transaction Form and to pay any taxes demanded on the completion of the transaction to HMRC/Welsh Revenue Authority
• Providing notification to third parties on completion of your transaction for example management companies or leaseholders in order they can update their records.
• To liaise with third parties in order to progress your transaction for example estate agents, mortgage brokers and other conveyancers who are acting in the related chain.
• Where we are required by law to provide information to government agencies, we may also be required to provide your personal information to our regulators and auditors.
In the event you cannot provide to us the personal information requested or withdraw your consent to us holding your personal information then we will no longer be able to act on your behalf in the transaction.
• Do we need to put in something about visiting our website do we collect information from cookies???
• International Transfers
On occasions it may be necessary for ourselves to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Should this necessity arise we are confident that even though some of these countries do not possess the level of data protection laws which occur within the EEA they will be placed under contractual obligation to provide a sufficient level of data protection of your personal information.
• How long will your information be stored for
Our Regulators have specified that a sale conveyancing transaction all files must be stored for a minimum of 6 years. All other conveyancing matters the minimum term is 15 years. We will therefore retain your personal information for these minimum timescales.
We hold data externally within storage centres within the United Kingdom.
• Your rights under the Privacy Notice
You have various rights regarding the processing of your data as set out below:-
• Right of access – you can request a copy of your information we hold
• Right of rectification – you can apply to have your information amended if inaccurate or provide further information if incomplete
• Right to object – you can object to certain data processing including marketing.
• Right to restrict – you have the right to withdraw your consent to using your personal information however please note this means we can no longer proceed
• Right to transfer – you can request that we transfer to another organisation your personal data which we hold
• Right to be forgotten – you can request that we erase the personal date we hold for you, however please note our regulator requirements fir the minimum term which we must hold the information
If we become aware of any breach of our systems which may impact your data security we will inform you and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) without delay.
• Right to Complain
In the event you wish to complain about how Peter Robinson & Co (Property Lawyers) Ltd process your data you can complain to the ICO at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Telephone 0303 123 1113.